Friday, July 2, 2010

Die Twitter Die!


(The title is not meant to offend. It is dramatic. I have many friends who love it so much, I really wouldn't want to kill the birdie.)



I thought if I was on Twitter for long enough, would grow on me. I hated twitter even before I started using it. But after Crazy Psycho Blogger persuaded me to try, I did. I still don't love it. I don't get it. Really.



I don't want to tell my followers every single thought. I don't want to read other peoples' teeny tiny details too. The only thing I used to read on twitter was #WTF.

And I'm getting a little sick of the whole social networking thing. Just a little. I guess it is a phase. I can see a time coming when I go online and NOT check facebook.




My current worry is textaphrenia.

What is textaphrenia?
Textaphrenia is thinking a message had arrived when it hadn't, while textiety is the anxious feeling of not receiving or sending text messages.
"With textaphrenia and textiety there's a feeling no one loves me, no one's contacted me," the Daily Telegraph quoted a girl as saying.


When I am with a couple of friends, it's fine. I don't check my phone at all. But if I'm alone, I check for texts every 5 minutes (because my phone is always on silent, non vibration). I know it is sickening.



I'm SO addicted. Sigh. Chocolate was easier to give up!! Not a good sign at all. I feel I'm calling cancer when I talk on the phone for hours.




You want to know what is worse?





I have two phones.

3 comments:

djd said...

why worry of cancer :P
stop worrying start living?

sushi said...

U just need a lil bit of self control and u have lots of t 4 sure. Beginning u feel everything to be tough. Start the de-addiction process in small amounts. try not to look at ur cell for 15mins then half n hr and soon u'll find t really easy..
ur feeling giving up on chocolate was easier cos u've given up :P

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ djd

Of course I need to worry about cancer! I am the one who has to suffer!!

@ sushi

chocolate was hard at first. I agree.