Saturday, January 10, 2009

Birthday - 6 (Candy speaks)


 




 http://img.123greetings.com/eventsnew/birth_missyou/1008-065-09-1099.gif

Yeah i guess i really lost count of how many times i wished yu and how many times that yu made me wish yu :P ok so finally i really am gonna write yu something :P yeah i had planned to do something like this hence i had taken ur home address some time back but lazy old me is doing it right now. Stupid ecard website wasnt working either so i couldnt send yu a list of ecards :P

ENJOY!

Okay now: the 18th b'day is a very special one. As Wikipedia puts it:

Eighteen is a composite number, its proper divisors being 1, 2, 3, 6 and 9. Three of these divisors (3, 6 and 9) add up to 18, hence 18 is a semiperfect number. Eighteen is the first inverted square-prime of the form p.q2. It is a heptagonal number, and as the sum of the first three pentagonal numbers, it is a pentagonal pyramidal number. It is also the sum of the totient function for the first seven integers. Eighteen is the second abundant number with the aliquot sum of 21 (117% in abundance) in the aliquot sequence (18,21,11,1,0) thus being the first composite number in the 11-aliquot tree. Eighteen is the aliquot sum of only one number the square 289. In base 10 it is a Harshad number. 18, aside from 0, is the only number that equals twice the sum of its decimal digits.

The Hebrew word for "life" is חי (chai), which has a numerical value of 18. Consequently, the custom has arisen in Jewish circles to give donations and monetary gifts in multiples of 18 as an expression of blessing for long life.

In Chinese tradition, the number 18, normally 十八 (shí bā), can also be read as 幺八 (yāo bā), which sounds like 要发 (yào fā), meaning that one is going to prosper. Thus, building floors numbered "18" are often very expensive in China

Yup im plagiarising the entire mail :P

Here's the list of some fun things that you can do around the world after attaining the age of 18:

  1.  In many parts of the world, 18 is the age minimum for purchasing tobacco and alcoholic beverages. It is also the voting age in many countries. During the Vietnam War, Americans could be drafted at an age as low as 18, but were not allowed to vote in most states until they were 21. A movement spread to lower the voting age, and in 1971, the Twenty-sixth Amendment extended a guarantee of suffrage to anyone 18 years or older in all states. The voting age was lowered from 21 to 18 in the U.K. and many other nations around that time.
  2. Eighteen is also the age in many countries at which a person may appear in a pornographic video, or express legal consent to sexual relations with another.
  3. In addition, eighteen-year-olds in the United States have the right to bear arms, own property, marry without parental consent(in almost all states), get an abortion, donate their bodies to science, and serve on a jury.
  4. In the United Kingdom, eighteen-year-olds can purchase tobacco, alcohol and pornography, go to war, vote, and model for pornography; (but the age of consent is 16).
  5. In many countries 18 is the age of majority.
  6. In many states the age at which one can obtain a learner's permit without parental consent.
  7. Minimum age at which one can be admitted to rent or buy an MPAA-rated NC-17 movie. This is also the age at which one can see an NC-17 rated movie.
  8. Minimum age at which one can play, rent, or buy an ESRB-rated AO game.
  9. Minimum age at which one can buy tickets to an 18A rated film in Canada without being accompanied by an adult. Ratings in Canada are provincial, so they may vary. A film can be 18A in some provinces and 14A in other provinces.. A film can also be 18A in some provinces and R in other provinces. 18 is also the minimum age at which one can view, rent, or buy an R or an A rated movie.
  10. Minimum age at which one can buy, rent, view, or buy tickets to an 18+ rated movie in the Canadian province of Quebec.
  11. Minimum age at which one can get a full driver's license in many U.S states and Canadian provinces.
  12. Minimum age to drive a car in many countries in the world. See also: 18 certificate, Coming of age.
  13. Minimum age at which one can legally buy marijuana in the Netherlands
See thats a lot of good things that you can do legally anymore. Happy na? basically you can get stoned, crash a car and act in a porno and that being drunk dream of your's is one step closer now :)
and well 18 gifts eh? there's nothing much better than that. maybe i ll add one to that tally. ;)

i checked it the card site was back up.. it wasnt :( so my google search thumbnails are the best i could do :P Use a magnifying glass ;)




           

wow! i havent written such a long email in ages.. or for that matter never :P but then i just copypasted :P
anyways here's another b'day greeting attached :P

have a good 3.5 hours that you are left with ;)

Bye..
Candy!


32 comments:

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Act in a porno.

Yeah, right!!

:P

Vigneshwar said...

candy
you are misleading this girl !!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY


18 times!

Cяystal said...

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrm!




I saw your Porn video on YouTube yesterday :-S


Candy..misleading misleading DUEEE! :(

Btw. Even I made a gift, whr is it whr whr whr? :O

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Vigneshwar

:D

Seniors teaching wrong stuff to junior.

Junior complain.

:P


@ Sydney


Thankyou!
Thankyou!
Thankyou!
Thankyou!
Thankyou!
Thankyou!
Thankyou!
Thankyou!
Thankyou!
Thankyou!
Thankyou!
Thankyou!
Thankyou!
Thankyou!
Thankyou!
Thankyou!
Thankyou!
Thankyou!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Crystal

Of course I'll put it up!

:)

A post a day

Coz I'm going away.

Divesh said...

can I have the youtube link...am too lazy to search..

going away???

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Mehnat ka phal meetha hota hai.

Yes, on a tiny vacation

Divesh said...

enjoy ur vacation..


arrey what happenned to the guy who had feelings..remember.

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

wow so many things to know about your 18th birthday , i wish i had known it back then :)

ps= dont buy marijuana :P

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Divesh

I will. Ive gotten a break after so long.

Huh?
What guy with feelings.

PS: one thing you need to know about me. Tell it straight or I WONT GET IT!
:)


@ ms truthful

No marijuana.
Only tequila!
:D

Divesh said...

arey ur friends wanted u to meet someone..that guy.
his name was shyam if I remember correctly.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday you

Im jealous now,
you have LOTS of great friends.

Rahul Viswanath said...

All this while I thought I was the sole narcissist ...... welcome diu ;-)

Unknown said...

you really ..know some math!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I can't believe I didn't look at your blog until now! I'm so sorry, Divya! :O

Happpy birthday, hope you had a great day. ;)

Anonymous said...

yeah ppl.. sorry for trying to mislead 'inosaint' D! ;)

Divesh said...

already gone on vacation??

Anurag said...

U hv been all over the place as far ur b'day celebration goes lol!...Did I wish happy B'day ....Damn !!!

Divesh said...

Here's ur birthday gift..just fill in the details..



https://www.starregistry.com/isrOrder/dspItem.cfm

WarmSunshine said...

awwww such a sweet friend :)

happy b'day again Divya :)

deluded said...

^^^^


ahem.


she be back.

I TOLD you so.

Express said...

haha!

intresting.
very.

and that reminds me, Ive been 18 since abt 1 n 1/2 yr and I still don ve my voter's i-card.

shaa, im a horrible citizen!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Divesh

No no no.

That was a different guy.

Shyam is a different guy.

It didn't work out. :P

;)



@ deluded

I know.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Rahul

Aren't we all, to different degrees?


@ vatsal

Candy is BRAIN. All brain.

Well, there's so much other stuff too, but mostly brain.

:)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Emma

Thanks!


@ Candy

'course I'm Anosaint.

I turned out this way all cos of YOU!!

;)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Divesh

Back!


@ Anurag

You did!

Thanks.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Divesh

Aww!!

:D

You need to pay for that, mister!

I didn't know about this naming-a-star after a person thing till yesterday when my friend told me the story of A Walk To Remember.

:)


@ Mehreen

Thankyou again, sunshine.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ deluded

huh?


@ Express

I hope I get my license soon.

Go get ur voters ID. Now.

Divesh said...

sorry it didn't work out...:(

back...welcome back..

did u fill the details, send me the form..

watch the movie..its really good..and though I am music illiterate.I can say that the music by switchfoot is really good..u must listen to this song....'you'

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Don't be sorry. I am not.

Your mail id?
:P

I had the song on my comp.

liked.
:)

Divesh said...

m sorry for the guy..not u..

diveshwins@yahoo.co.in

gud..