Saturday, January 3, 2009

It was her birthday

It was her birthday



There was a party
There were girls
There were guys
Both naughty and nice




There was tuneless singing
and chicken dancing
But for her, the fun had not yet begun
Because he hadn't come




She looked out the door
And down the street
she got a little worried




It was her birthday




She wanted him there
He was the only one who mattered
The one who truly cared




No, he wouldn't miss it
'Not for the world'
Was what he said
word -to- word




But something was wrong
She could sense it in her soul
There was nothing left anymore
in the punch bowl




It was her birthday




As the last person said goodbye
Her heart did ache
Nevertheless, patiently she waited
Beside her uncut cake




Then there was a phone call
She was in a stupor
She rushed to the hospital
Was this really happening to her?




This pretty girl had no family
Sure, there were friends
But you need someone to call your own
And he was all hers




It was her birthday




He had never judged her
He hadn't thought her 'cold'
He knew below all that fear
Was a loving heart of gold




Her head was rushing
Her heart, pounding
When she entered the room




A tiny box lay next to him
She opened it to look
There it was, her present
A beautiful gold ring




It was her birthday
The day she was born
And the day her heart died




137 comments:

Express said...

:( :( :(

beautiful
but heart-breaking :(

P.S. why sho saddie? :(

P.P.S. 1st time 1st, so yayy! :)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

I felt like a sad poem.

When did YOU begin to bother about being first?

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

*Twisted is crying loudly*

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

sarcastically?

Jadis said...

awww
:big hug:

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

*hugs back*

Anurag said...

wow...First time reading a poem in your blog....But I don't like a sad poems....

btw the line "It was her Birthday" reminded me of 50 cents's In da club song :P

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Usually, noone like sad poems.

I haven't heard of the song you mentioned.

Pardon my ignorance.

BD said...

That is really sad. This shouldn't happen to anyone. Hmmm..the last two lines are too good.

Rahul said...

sad new year... :( ...nice post btw

Rahul Viswanath said...

Hmmmmmmmm ...... good to see u also pen down some sad poems !!!

It is sad to grow old but nice to ripen ............ ;-) What say ??

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Rahul

Thanks.


@ Rahul Vishwanath

Two Rahuls in a row! :P

Ripen? :P
What does THAT mean?

Anonymous said...

*sniff*

*sob*

*sniff*

I liked it though :)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

<3

Anonymous said...

Excellent !!

Phoenix said...

*sniff* *sniff*

what a tragic end!! :(

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Pheonix

Tell me about it!



@ Candy!

My OWN poem

Scattered Thoughts... said...

beautiful!! though I don't really like sad endings but that is how life is.. :(

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Yes. You took the words out of me.

Richa said...

plz diu, be merciful.. :(

u dint have to kill the guy...
u dint have to make us cry...

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

No, I didn't want to kill him..
'coz he was committing..
with the gold ring...

Anonymous said...

aaaaaaaaawweyyy!! this is tragic but beautiful!!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

thankee

Rahul Viswanath said...

2 Rahul's was a Bingooooooooo

Ripen? ....... Hmmmmmm !! Adding humour to ur sad poem ..... ;-)

Rahul said...

It's different ;D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Two Rahuls one after another. Again!! :D
Do you guys DECIDE this? Or is it a Rahul-connection? ;)




@ Rahul Viswanath

Bingo AGAIN man!! LOOK!



@ Rahul

It's nice!

;)

Rahul said...

could be the "Rahul-connection" as Divi pointed out (minus the Dostana angle) ;)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

It has to be the Rahul connection.

The Dostana angle.. well... I hadn't really thought of it that way. But now that you mention it.... :P

Rahul said...

damn.... :D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Lets see what your buddy has to say about this when he returns! :P

Rahul Viswanath said...

ROTGL ...... Again !! Have fun ;-)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

:D

AGAIN!!!!!!!!


:D


Dostana? :P

Rahul said...

damn Divi, I dont know what your real name is, but I would really like to call you Miss Mischievous of the Universe...getting on my nerves the first time I commented on your post..looks like we have to fight a long way ahead x-D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

My friends call me Divi. Or Diu.

(And some other names which I cannot publicly mention for the sake of my reputation in the blogger kingdom.)

;)

I like that name you gave!

*evil laugh*

The other Rahul dropped by, DID NOT DENY dostana, and left.

So, there HAS to be something. Na?

*coughs loudly*

*grins*

PS: Yes of course!! Stay back and fight. I'd like that very much.

Rahul said...

damn, am coming..keep a watch by your bedroom window.. x-D

*evil non-stop laugheter*
*echoes endlessly*
*jams your brain*
*scares you out of your wits*
*you keep thinking and thinking and...*

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

First floor. I'd LOVE to see you climb the walls. :P

Scared? NAH.

I have an exam tomorrow. THAT, is scary, considering the amount I've studied for it!

Rahul said...

I promise I'll wish you best of luck tonight ..

*you are trying to decipher how is that*


(Did you use to write plays? I mean putting stars and situation descriptions like that?? ;) )

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Nope.I haven't written a play in my life.
I have started writing some, but couldn't find decent enough endings.

The luck, I'll need it. So, hurry!!

*looks out of the window*

Hey look!! It's you!

*looks again*

No, that's a monkey.

Or is it.................


:P

Rahul said...

to be continued tmrw after ur well-performed exam sis...I sleep at night..keep a watch out till then...

and wat did u mean by BUD in my blog??

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Yes, yes. Thanks. I need my sleep too. Blogger is VERY addictive!

Rahul V called you 'bud'. I just quoted him and coughed. I can't put it 'STRAIGHTER' than that.

Oh my God. What an amazing pun!

I'm good! ;)

:D

Good night, mate.

Rahul said...

damn...whats pun now? cant u type fun properly u mischievous lil gal or what? x-D

*thunder*

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

A pun or paronomasia is a phrase that deliberately exploits confusion between similar-sounding words for humorous or rhetorical effect.

:P

Don't mess with me, man.. Don't mess with the DIVINE diu.

Rahul said...

this is it..it was destined to be this way..u think u can hide yourself in Manipal..you are yet to understand the meaning of the word mess dear..then you can laugh on as much yourself as much humourously as you want to ...


*several claps of thunder*

Rahul said...

actually I was thinking why you took up the Dostana topic so well ;) ?? I think now my thinking is in the right track ;)

Cяystal said...

Sad sad sad.
I feel like bursting out crying. Seriously.

Pich. The last para was awww..
You wrote it?


Was wuunderful,milove! :(

Rahul Viswanath said...

I guess you both must have slept @Rahul n @Divinediu .....

Climaxxxx ..... Rahul is my dear kumbh mela bro......... ;-)

Dewdrop said...

Very touching, particularly the last lines...

Rahul said...

Rahul V, I don't know how come you missed Diu there, she was one of the sadhus, ;) , standing right opposite to me..I went there on a holiday ;)

Jagjit said...

heart wrenching!

P said...

now dats so mean...
picture dis : I am coming home after having this really bad day at school, hoping to cheer myself up by reading your cheerful posts, and this is what I get???
Tch Tch
Sheesh man, I m really jinxed...
(don't take any of that seriously)
My vocabulary's pretty limited at this moment of time so all I can say is:
Superb, fantastic, mindblowing, history (excuse the history pun)..
:):D:P:B

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Rahul

huh huh huh?

O_o


@ Rahul again


I respect 'people like you'

:P

Rahul said...

1st:
How was ur exam...?

2nd:
Being a traveller, I really took many snaps of the sadhus there, along with you(as you were one of them), at kumbh mela, as Rahul V pointed out..I was wondering why you loved this topic so much..there seems to be something I don't know about you !! x-D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Crystal

Yes, I wrote it!!

Why are people asking if I wrote this poem? :P



@ Rahul Viswanath

Oh.. Same name-bhaiyas? :P

Rahul said...

Since you have voluntarily overlooked my reply, I consider there's something that I don't know about you x-) ... Hoping to meet Rahul V and you next time I travel to Kumbh Mela

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Dewdrop

:)





@ Rahul


Sadhu, yes!!


:)

Rahul said...

the sadhus at kumbh mela are special..do a Google Search..am glad to hear that you are one of them.. :-o

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Jagjit

:)




@ Rahul

BRB. ON PHONE.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Pretty Feet

I HAVE to write a happy poem now!

:)

Thankyou

Thankyou

Thankyou...


*takes a bow*

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Rahul

1. Exam went okay. Better than expected. Will pass.

Well, I'm not going to insult sadhus. So will shut up. :)

Rahul said...

I too..I don't like real life Dostana ppl like you..who pretend to be naga sadhus !! :P

Congrats btw!!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

You don't like people like me?

Then why do you talk to them?

Go away.

X(

Rahul Viswanath said...

I am LOST !!! I guess u both had fun on Kumbh Mela stuff .......

Good going ..... ;-)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

He said he doesn't like talking to people like me.

O_o

P said...

great...i m waitin for it so u better do it fast...

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

yeah?


next post.


definitely.


dedicated to thee?

Rahul said...

@divine(now am sure)diu
Oh, so you are actually one of them! I, therefore, have all my due respect for you. I thought you were pretending. :P
For your info, I like everything under this sun that has truth and value in it.

@Rahul V
I guess Diu still doesn't know about the sadhus of the mela, which she claims she is ;)

Divesh said...

nice, lots of things have happened since my last visit..

can we have that deleted 'so it was post'.. up again?

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Rahul

I am me. Not a sadhu.

Just divine.

:)

Soak it all in!!




@ Divesh

You're backkkkk!!

Blog Kumar missed you.

So did 'Love life or....'

I got emotional and took that post off. :P

Rahul said...

@Diu
That makes us what we were two days back. I am myself, the unique me. Accept it.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

I hadn't accepted it then?

Rahul said...

Haven't I soaked it all in yet?? :-)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Was I ever so confused in a conversation?

Rahul said...

Its really getting into a nice chaos here... :-D express yourself what you are!!!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

How can I express something I am not?

Rahul said...

Same here :-(

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Birds have black eyes.

Rahul said...

Finally the air was getting crystal clear :-) ..now what is this black eye supposed to mean? :-(

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Unrelated statement because nothing else was making sense anyway.

Rahul said...

Friends? :-)

Rahul said...

I wanted a "Yes!!" :-)

Vijayshryaln said...

Makin ppl 2 cry ah????

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

heart died ?? why why why???
oh i thought it died because of love , like when u stop breathing when u see that someone ???


but cool first attempt :)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Rahul

Then a yes it shall be!




@ Vijayshryaln


And me too.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ I'll try to be truthful

This wasn't my first 'attempt'!!!!

I write poetry!

No. He actually stopped breathing.

Anil Sawan said...

some words just prove that my emotions are not yet dead!! beautifully written girlie.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

emotions don't die.


never.


even being numb is an emotion.

Rahul said...

Looking forward to your nxt post..have you noticed the number of comments in this one.. ;)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Oh yes, I did!

:D

Ninety!

(My fav number) X (my fav number+1)

DMulan said...

tu sad sad kab likhne lagi??
and noooo birthdays are supposed to be nice and merry and sweet!! x(


btw, i notice your comments are as entertaining as your blog :P ;)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

If you read closely, you'll find multiple sad things in the poem.

I won't list them out 'coz its to sad to even do that.

And you actually read the comment section?

Dhanyavaad ji!

Anil Sawan said...

may be u r right!

Divesh said...

don't get emotional...

suggestion: rivets could be better than buttons on the denim patch.

and yeah as u haven't yet made up ur mind abt the name thing....u can think of an oxymoron(if u still care), people tend to remember them well..

Rahul said...

gosh, blogger is so addictive !!

nil said...

*tight heart to heart teary hug*

Sobs * aww's* sobs.

I loved it, I swear!

Love you.


And woman? I miss your comments on my stupid posts. :'(
WHERE are you?????????????

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Sawan

Maybe I am!! :)




@ Divesh

Why shouldn't I get emotional? :P

Yeah.. The name. Argh. I got a great one that day. I saved it in my cellphone. The cellphone got attacked by a virus, the memory got erased, and so did the name! If you were around, you'd have remembered it for me! :(

*sighs*

Well...rivets...erm... 97 rivets? Not a pretty sight!! But buttons!!
They can be colourful and have different designs, shapes and sizes.
Hence, buttons.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Rahul

Tell ME about it!!

I'm supposed to be studying.

(AGAIN)



@ nil

*hug*

I commented!!

:)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Who will be hundred?

Mr/ms hundred gets a special something in the next post! :D

Rahul said...

me !! who else can break our bond :)

Rahul said...

I have diluted my special in the innumerous comments ...my apologies..

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

I had an inkling it was gonna be you.

So what DO you want?

BTW, I'm still not clear why you apologized.

Rahul said...

You wanted a special 100th comment..or you wanted to gift something special?? ;) the air starts getting filled with confusion again.. :D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

hahahahaha......

I SO want to make this more twisted than it already got, but, I'll spare you coz I'm in a good mood.

I didnt need a special comment. I just said that the person who'd comment #100 would get something special. What do you want?

Rahul said...

Gosh, that's much better :)
Time to think of what you can give rather than what I want :)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

:D

Sure.


Just remember.. You HAD a chance.

Rahul said...

Come on ;)
Give your options..you have known me so well in the last 48 hours ;)
And what is HAD..it shud be HAVE..unless of course you dele my posts :)

nil said...

EEee!

Love you.

Divesh said...

sad...the virus thing.
universe is conspiring against the name change..so forget it for now.


buttons - justified.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Rahul

You could have asked for the stars!!

But............you left it to me.

Lets see what happens. :P




@ Nil

Love you too.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Divesh

Which is exactly why I should keep at it!!


Nah. I'm kinda lazy for that.


Justified na?


*grins broadly*


YOU, take care.

Your last post wasn't too cheery.

Rahul said...

"Mamma, can you plz get me the moon and the stars ..."

Am not so foolish to desire something like that... :)

*yawns, doesn't give up, goes for dinner*

I expect something better and realistic :) ...work out some options ..you stay in Manipal..reknowned for its intellectual activities in colleges and universities..don't let it down

*winks*

*awaiting the options*

Rahul Viswanath said...

Hellooooooo wass cooking ??

@Divinediu n @Rahul ..... ;-)

Diu following Ki's footsteps towards Ishaan ............

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Rahul

Go have dinner.



@ Rahul V

Huh?

Are you crazy, mister?

Rahul said...

*has already gone, but awaiting options, winks infinite times* ;-)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Oh God.


What ARE you hinting at?

Rahul said...

anything except planetary objects ;-)

Rahul said...

Wish -


My dream..getting through G o o g l e .. :-) ...am presently in TCS.. hope your divine intervention assists me here, dear Diu.. :-)

Rahul Viswanath said...

@Rahul - dear Diu.. :-)

Make me Cough Cough Cough like Diu !!

Rahul said...

@Rahul
U think I joked abt my dream??

Rahul Viswanath said...

@Rahul - Not sure on that .....
I am out of this cameo between U n Diu .......

Rahul Viswanath said...

@Divinediu - Do not get Rahul wrong .... He was just pulling ur leg !

He said he is off for tmrw the whole day and he also mentioned that hope you do not get him wrong !!

So we all are FRIENDS again .......

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Rahul

I'd have asked for a planetary object coz thats almost impossible to get...........but..............we're different people.We think different.




@ Rahul

Wish:

Rahul, like I said, you lost your chance. Too late to ask for anything.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Rahul V


You, mister.. want a cough drop??

:P


@ Rahul V

Wow! He's free today? (It's 6:00am)

Wow.

I am not, though.


:P

Rahul Viswanath said...

@Diu - U one sporty gal .... get going !! So last examzzzz ???

Goodluck gal !!!

The Solitary Writer said...

beautiful divinediu

i liked the way u have expressed ...and yes i need to knw the reason for the sad poem

and yes advanced happy bday

Rahul said...

sorry was off for some work today..
@Diu
How clever..desiring & opting to gift the impossible... :D
Cheers...!!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Rahul V

I know!!

It went well! :)



@ Rahul

I have no idea what you're talking about.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ The Solitary Writer

Ste, Thanks!!

The reason for the sad poem?

Well, THAT I cannot tell you! :(

Rahul said...

:( another confusion :(

Clear explanation: Why impossible gift? :)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

what impossible gift?

Rahul said...

as u said "I'd have asked for a planetary object coz thats almost impossible to get........" .. why not ask for a possible wish

Rahul said...

I really feel this gift topic u started has got boring.. :-|

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Yes, indeed.

Vijayshryaln said...

u too..... funny child.. to cry.... ;)

Apparently intellectual said...

sad..but beautiful..touching..

djd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
djd said...

well diu knows poetry also
nice poem sad but :(

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

thankyou djd