I went to my teacher's house today.
She gave me Hindi tuition when i was in school. I don't know why i attended tuition in the first place. But i did. And she taught me.She taught my dad Hindi too, when he was in school.
It was not one of those commercial things (not that i am putting them down- i couldn't have scored in 2nd PU without them). She did it as a favour. She really didn't need the money either. She loved teaching. She really did. You can see the passion for it even now.
I admire her a lot. I still remember - my classes were on Friday, 6 pm sharp. Rain or sun, I would be there. Many a day, i would be so tired, that I would fall asleep in middle of the lesson. This wasn't very hard to detect as I was the only student. She never scolded me for that. She waited till I got up, and we continued as if nothing happened at all. That showed patience, love, care.
She is 70 now. She has a huge house, looks after her 5 acre plot all by herself. Plus there is no hose and stuff. The watering has to be done by carrying the water with a bucket. She grows flowers and knits little garlands out of them and decorates the idols with them. She even keeps cows with her. There are three with her right now. Did i mention the two stray dogs she feeds? There is no full time maid or family or anything, just her husband and her. Frankly, I don't know how she does it. I can't do that much. Forget doing, i can't even think about it!
A few years ago, she had ovarian cancer. It was bad. She was bedridden for a while. She had to undergo chemotherapy. Hospitalization. She recovered. She's fine now. She has some problems and stuff, but she is well. Much better than before.
She has had a tough life. I won't go on about that. But she has shared stuff with me like i was one of her own. I thank her for that honour.
She is a woman of great strength- in mind, body and spirit. She is so optimistic and positive that you can't help but take in some of that good energy.
She calls me her grand daughter and I love her as a grandmother. She is much more than a teacher to me. She's my idol. A person who i really admire about and care for.
I forgot to tell her about the seat i selected. I feel so guilty for that. She called up to ask me the other day. I felt so small. It wasn't like i was busy or anything. I made a horrible mistake. I admitted that. She brushed it off. Apologies are not for family.
She has the hugest heart. I thank her for all that she has taught me.
This one is for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment