Saturday, November 1, 2008

Crap and its VERY opposite

They are cutting down trees everywhere out here!
To build flats, supermarkets and the like.
They have even chopped off a long stretch of trees on either side of the road, in front of my house. It took so many years to grow those. And so much time to care for.
Now, when I look out of my bedroom window, all I can see are bunches of dead leaves and bits of uprooted trunks.
It is a little depressing. *sniff*


This picture just about captures the joy in me when I read your comments.


Thankyou.
All of you.
For visiting. For reading. For commenting. I check my mail at odd hours of the day and I'm never disappointed! . Do believe me when I say odd.
I actually saw the tracker showing '5 online' today. No, I did NOT have five windows of my blog open!!


Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

117 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm....

"I" had those 5 windows open

:P


just kidding.

youre like the queen of blogger land in this small village

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ deluded

:D :D

And you are the court jester who is WAAY popular compared to the queen. :)

Anonymous said...

a joker!!!


thats all I get??

ummm......

yeah

thanks

*sob sob

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

yeah when I see so many comments on your blog i cannot but wonder how this world is full of jobless people :D :D :D :D (inclusive of me)


Too bad the trees were chopped. They could have chopped that other useless thing in your vicinity :D :P

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ deluded

In small towns the KING himself doubles up as the jester. you MUST be knowing that by now!!

Duh!!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ twisted elegance

It is sweetness and not joblessness, you being the exception of course!! :P

What other things in my vicinity??
*throws a menacing look*

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

OMG!! FOUR online right now!!

*faints*

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

If you had checked at a odd time, I would have definitely been one of the visitors!

They're cutting trees here as well! Really bad :( it's not a lil depressing, it's way too depressing..

P.S: "It took so many to grow those. And so much time to care for." Took so many what?? Just thought there might be a mistake and you'd correct it! (I can make it out that you meant the years!)

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

You know what it is. It even writes a blog :D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Shrav

Done! Thanks for being mr.editor!! :D

Yeah, the deforestation sucks. I've seen a LOT of snakes the past few weeks. Poor things are homeless now. :(

@ twisted elegance

OMG. Don't you DARE insult deluded on my blog!! Or anywhere else for that matter!!

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

Lol that is one nice way to start a fight! I meant 'YOU'

hehe hehe hehe


You are so lucky. 10 comments within no time at all!!! HUH X(

Probably the snakes were scared by that one thing in the vicinity!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ twisted elegance

I am darned lucky. I know!!

Yeah. So think twice before coming out here. I am scary!! BOO!!

Go hide!! :P

nil said...

Odd hours? Hmmm... Hi5 !
LOL. Yes, you seem to be ol pretty often. Oi! Added you up on Facebook by the way :)

<3

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ nil

*highfive*

Accepted your request!! :D

<3

Anonymous said...

Global warming, it scares me. :|

Btw, of course we read, your writing makes us want to :P

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Ki

Me too. Dreading summer this year. :(


Thanks!!

kiran sawhney said...

Yes Delhi/ India is not as green as before. I feel sad that Delhi is loosing its greenery and that charm to build metro and flyovers and BRT corridors..
The pic that you have put is so cute....That is how I feel too after reading comments on mine...including urs.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ kiran sawhney

It isn't easy to get back the trees, very difficult in fact. I wonder why it isn't given deeper thought.

I loved the pic too. I made me go awwwwww.

And thanks. :)

lukkydivz said...

sum1's a popular blogger now *winks*

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ divvyyuuuuu

*Points at divvyyuuuu*

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

aww.. That's ok! take care of yourself!

They might just find a home in your place!

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

and how do I catch you on facebook dumbo? what's your email id?

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

why don't you write a guest post on my blog?

will you? :-S :-S

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Shrav

My place?? Hm.... I had a really bad experience one. With snakes. As a kid. Not really a fan of having them at home. :P

Facebook, of course! Send me a request to my id:-
divinediu@yahoo.com

And I just logged out that time. :P
I have my sessionals coming up. So i try not to stay online for long. I just keep peeping....ever so often!! :P :P


PS: I added you on my list. :)

Pranav Kumar V said...

assuming you're a doc too (or going to be one, which you WILL confirm in your reply to this..), I always wondered about the humor you guys carry with you...

what I've made of reading most of these blogs (started from 'deluded' and then clicked on... and on and on... its been 3 full hours!!!) is that, it's a course that's off the record and all of you are just too good at it(humor). Reading all this random crap gave me the kind of pleasure that's only a point less than reading PG Wodehouse, which is, too damn good!!! :)

And here's a comment that stands as a token of appreciation for the fun ride... see you when I see you...

P.S. one of my Bengali friend (http://bg-101.blogspot.com/) once quoted... "Reading a blog and not commenting is like sleeping with a whore and not tipping the pimp."

I couldn't agree more dude!!!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Shrav

*once

:P

Too many typos this time round, eh? :P

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ twisted elegance

Oh, definitely. :)

I have two pending, actually. :)
Can't come up with something decent enough to post on others blogs. :P

What do you want me to write about?

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ pranav

Hey!!
Welcome to our blogger's group. ;)
Most of us are interlinked. :D

NO, I am not a doctor. I am not doing mbbs either. All I know about biology is that the appendix is on the right side of out body.. :P

The rate at which I'm going, ahem... Just cross your fingers that I'll get my engineering degree and then hopefully a job. ;)

Three hours...only? ;)
You are a beginner, my man.. I'm hooked much more than that! :P

Thanks for your token of appreciation, I humbly, but proudly (?) accept!!

LOL @ the comment on not commenting.
I agree too!! :D

Pranav Kumar V said...

hell man!! humbly, but proudly. ofcourse, why not. and I always thought why people don't find it right to praise themselves (I overdo it though, coz I know its worth it!!! :P).

Guess I still haven't come across the population that actually believe and live the "I" way. But now I know they're there, somewhere out there...

Whatever!! Looks like I'm going into the spiral nice and smooth, and I don't even want to know how deep into it!!

P.S.And a break after 3 hours was inevitable, transfer of fluids!! :P
I'm right back...

Richa said...

hey lovely blog :)

n ditto for the template :(

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ pranav

Hehe... Lotsa great people in the blogging community! :D

And yeah. You must be seen often here.
DO I make myself clear?
Don't you fear.
'Cos there is plenty beer!

;)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Richa

Hey there first timer!!

Thanks!! :D

What ditto for the template? Why sad? :(

Anonymous said...

@ pranav

YOU read my blog and didnt comment!

hypocrite!

Pranav Kumar V said...

okok. redirected to deluded...

Anonymous said...

dayum!

he called my blog 'random crap'

diu,
the truth emerges.........

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ deluded

He was drunk. Weren't you, pranav?

Your blog is the best!! :D
\m/

Pranav Kumar V said...

@deluded : 'crap' being how the post was described at its very beginning, the first word I guess!!

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

aaah.. guess it's time you needed an editor!! lol!

I'll add you on facebook soon and btw, my sems are coming up as well! gotta study!!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ shravan

Yes. Got ur request. Accepted. :)

Yeah. Me needs and editor. And an extra brain as well. Preferably one from someone who cracked IIT-JEE. :D

I see you on blogger a lot. So i assume you need the luck as much as i do. :D

Unknown said...

They'll keep cutting the trees unless we stop paying them to.

Similarly, they'll start planting trees if we pay them to.

Are you willing to do that?

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ alok

Yes. I am.
Anything for fresh air and some shade.

Anonymous said...

Hi, can we exchange links?

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Anurag

We do have trees. In my garden. These were the ones we planted OUTSIDE, beside the road.

They have been chopped off. Mercilessly. The flowers and the trees. :(

Maisuru and Mysore are the same place. :)
Maisuru, Bengalooru!! GAK what the hell is wrong with these ppl, changing perfectly nice names to strange ones!! :P

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Hari

Sure!! If you explain to me what 'exchanging links' means exactly, that is! :P

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

OH MY GOD! :P

I actually replied to Anurag's comment before it even appeared on blogger!! :P

*runs away in embarrassment*

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

PS: There!! It happened again!! Anurag!! Set your time thingie right. :P

My desperation shows! :P

Anonymous said...

lol sure !
I dont mind giving you one !
Btw The pic in the post is so damn cute !

Anurag said...

plant trees instead...It's so much better...

btw,just curious,Has Mysore's name changed to maisuru or is it completely different place :P

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Hari

Argh!!
You don't mind giving em one WHAT, exactly?? I'm confused really! :P

And yeah. This pic is one of the cutest I've seen lately.
Courtesy: Google image search! :D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ anurag

Look above ^^^

I've replied before you questioned! :P

Anurag said...

wtf ....how did that happen???

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Anurag

Halloween?? :P

Disguise said...

I know.
SO MANY DARN COMMENTS.
shheesh..you're popular man!


And yes, the cutting of trees is REALLY sad.
They cut of like a zillion trees for the metro and the BRT thing :(

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Dishi

But I still need you to comment. :)

<3

Disguise said...

And..I still will comment :D

Consider the need mutual =)

*hug*

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Dishi

:)

Which is why I love you, you little princess!!

*bear hug*

FifthBeatle said...

Why is it cute when an elephant blows water out its nose, but disgusting when I blow water out of my nose!

Anonymous said...

i m one among the five

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ arnold

The same reason why people take up MBBS out of choice...
:P

And btw, welcome, mr first timer. :)


@ Chriz

You were?? :D
Yaay!! So i did not imagine the tracker showing a number other than 1!! :P

Cяystal said...

Divi~! :P

I'm also the princess of blofville :D
Yahooooooo..

I hate the whole stuff of cutting trees down..my area is shuuper dupper green! ..(cant area ke fayde!)

PPS_You ought to put up the dedication (*gulp*..hopefully you remember)...by 4th!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Crystal

Wheeeee!! Lets go to the royal dressing room and try out each others gowns, shall we?? ;)

May your area remain super duper green!! Always! :)

Yeah, yeah, I DO remember honey!! I will send you something by then. I pwomise!!

=)

Pranay said...

Woah!!!
61 comments already??? You go girl!!
I just loved the pic...I mean seriously. Lets hope you have a smile like that after reading this comment too...:)
Its sad to hear about the trees...there are laws here regarding felling of trees...I am sure there must be one there too...You can try calling a newspaper to report it.
Hope elephants smile like that for a long time to come...

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@

It is too late, damage already done. If I knew about this earlier, I would do something about it. Definitely!! I just come home from college one day and...
whooosh.. no trees in my little world anymore. The area looked sad. And bald. :'(

But still, your comment made me go

:D :D :D :D :D

YES. I DO have a smile like that. I do. I do. I do. =D


PS:check the time on this one as well, though yours beats it I guess. :P

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

Haha! 'Me needs and editor' Sarcastic lil femme you are!!

IITJEE brain?? Well, I attended the entrance thingy and all I could do was turn to the left and right and look at the beautiful girls on either side for the entire time! I think they distracted me from getting into IIT! LOL!

P.S: Hi, can we exchange links?? Lol!

Lets guess who he found first and from who's blog he found who! (Doesn't it show how jobless I'm )

Vigneshwar said...

*well not sure whether my comment will be noticed in thais crowd*
yeah ur blog is cool cooler coolest my fav post was about ur hindhi tutor
d reason y i did not comment on ur recent posts is this 50+ comments bit hesitant with my thoughts n english:)
any way yeah it hurts when trees are chopped in your street esp when u hav memories associated with dem

Jadis said...

i wept for an entire day, HOWLED literally when a peepal treein front of our flat was chopped down...
:|


someday this'll all come back to us...

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Shrav

:D

The same thing happened to me as well. There were this cute-but-hot hunks who distracted me from handing the application even!! ;)

And i made a boo-boo on your blog. couldn't undo it as well. *blush*


Yeah, I guess it is your blog he attacked first! :D
I could check comment timings. That would give us an idea. But I'm pretty sure you are as lazy as I!! :D

*is too lazy to even high five*

;)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Vigneshwar

Oh of course it will!! Why won't it???
Thanks. You should write more often, you know...
And the Hindi Teacher post. That was a senti post. You've read my archives!! Thanks!!

Ah.. Let the number not scare you away. :P (though I'm pretty shocked at it each time!!)

PS: This blog is not public. SO please do not mention it in FB or in college. Also.....Link me as divinediu in your blog if you don't mind!!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Jadis

It already IS!! :(

Global warming. Can't you feel it?
Ugh. I don't think summer will be my favorite season for much longer!! :(

Monsoons will replace it. It doen't rain anyway!! :(


I totally understand how you felt when the tree was cut!

Richa said...

ditto coz u have the same template as mine :(

I have been seeing a lot of dittos all ovr th blogosphere..

But it is juz ultimate :D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ richa

WOW.

A blog twin. How cool is that???

I haven't seen any so far...until right now that is!!

I just saw ur blog and my face went like this- :D

I'm happy.

And of course there will be other ppl with the template!! :P
This aint custom-made for either of us! ;)

Firebolt said...

71 comments. You must be in hysterics by now. ^_^

And deforestation is A LOT more than a little depressing.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Firebolt

I AM!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on a high right now.

Yeah. Depressing. That just made me look out my window again. :(

kochuthresiamma p .j said...

one good thing came out of the trees being chopped. your post.
very enjoyable-am a first time visitor.
love the picture of joy:-)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ kochuthresiamma p .j

AWWWWWWWWWWWW..

That was sweet!! :D
Very. Very. Very.

No one dies for my blog posts, though. Not even chicken. But sweet, nonetheless!!

DO come back many many more times!! :D

Thanks so much!
You made my day! :D

Entertainer said...

short ..but carried a great meaning

Vigneshwar said...

done dear

deluded said...

@ entertainer

yes.

and a large comment section

Unknown said...

They just cut down this really pretty tree outside my house, the place seems to empty and depressing without it.

*Cries*

P.S. Reading your blog is a pleasure. = D

Neethu said...

hey...i ll tellyu another coincidence...i was thinking of putting the same template as ur blog now has...i even put up a post on it...now regret tho..for not making it ma template...ur blog looks good!
and thnx for dropping by:)

btw..how do u add smileys to ur posts??i ve been dying to add some smileys...

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

I know you are waiting for 100 comments to write your next post! Isn't it ridiculous?

And don't be so proud that you have got 81 comments! Half of those is your own!!! :D :D :P

Vigneshwar said...

hey k will not say it to anyone in future already said it to rohith that u r cool blogger{remember even he ragged u :):)}but i have not given him ur url just was saying him that u wrote about ur bus accident ,hope it did not cause any wrong consequence..?

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

OMG seven new comments

Look at the pic again. I'm certain I'm that ecstatic!!!


@ Entertainer.
Yep. And gratefulness too!
Thanks!! :D


@ Shrutilaya

Too many people have had similar experiences. Which is all the more depressing. :(
I don't think I'll ever get used to this bald whatever I see outside my window. :(

Thanks thanks thanks! :D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Vigneshwar

Erm.. Yes, you don't have to remind me who Rohit is! :P
It's okay with him. Couple of seniors have seen my blog, Kenneth, Karthik, etc.

I meant just don't mention it on facebook. :P


Even if you give people the url, i don't think anyone will bother to check. :)

Thanks for changing it back to divinediu. :)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Neethu

Nah, Don't regret it. Your template is nice! :D

The smileys are because of some HTML coding and grease monkey scripts. :)


@ twisted elegance

I am proud. And happy. What the hell are you gonna do about it?????

And the next post. I'm trying to think of something good enough for your guest post, you big meanie!! And this is the thanks I get???

Hmph!!

Vigneshwar said...

hey do comment on my blog:):)

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

ummm.. 3 online!! One's me! Who are the other two??

Vigneshwar said...

me d other

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

You could very well turn this into a chat box soon!! :):)!!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Vigneshwar

I did! :D

@ Vigneshwar and Shrav

Well, I used to have a chat box once. Until something terrible happened.

*sniff*

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

terrible???

*puzzled*

I was being sarcastic there! Cos you have such a lot of comments! :)

Btw, I soo want you to reach 100 comments for this post!!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Shrav

Yeah, Shrav, terrible. :(
How long does the my page take to load on your comp? I don't wanna load it with unnecessary widgets and make it too slow though I want a chat box. :)

Vinesh said...

And I thought the picture was because you were talking about trunks!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Vinesh

Wow. You actually noticed the connection. I never thought anyone would!!

PS: look at the time on this one too!! :D
Approx 15 mins after yours.. :P

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

Can you explain the terrible?? (if it's possible)

and your site loads pretty quick! I mean way quicker than many other sites !!

adding a chat box wouldn't harm it, I guess!

P.S: are you including all those mistakes in your comments cos I've to edit it??

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Shrav

Erm.. There was this creep who used to visit and leave disturbing vulgar stuff. Which used to get my mood LOW. And I couldn't delete the writings. So, I just removed the box.

And no, they are not intentional typos!! I told you I needed an editor!! :P

deluded said...

97

deluded said...

98

deluded said...

99

deluded said...

100!

deluded said...

I win



now everyone worship my awesomeness

Neethu said...

ya i know it's all a play with the HTML coding thingy...but tell me how na?

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ deluded

Yes you do.
always. =)


@ neethu

I copy pasted the code from somewhere. Google it. I'm sure you'll get it in no time!!

WarmSunshine said...

Hi Girl!

The pic was sho cute :P
Hope this comment brings a smile to you also :)

Sad with the trees yaar. Greenery has such a calming effect. We're just creating a concrete world that is the least bit calming.

Take care!

Mehreen.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Warm Sunshine

Heya Mehreen!
:D :D
It does!!

Totally agree. The world is getting more depressing each day. :(

Thanks!! You take care as well! :D

Scribblers Inc said...

you started with trees and elephants and its grown this big!! :O

*clap clap*

Scribblers Inc.

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

you got the 100 now why aren't you writing your next post? :P

*menacing,angry and slightly irritated look*

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

107?? Wooowwh & hmmph.. Now I missed being the 100th one!! :(

I wuz studyin:):)

Cяystal said...

Mentioned you in my 50th baby..come check! <3 :D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Scribblers Inc

Well, Mother nature works her miracles.. :)

*bows at the applause*



@ twisted elegance

Guest posts pending. =)

Exams approaching- this is about the time when my brain stops functioning. :P

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Shrav

Awww.. :)

But deluded did it.

Mr 1 and Mr 100. =)

Good luck with them exams! :D



@ Crystal

Oh I will. Thanks!

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

I'll beat deluded to it in the next post!! Lol!!


P.S: I removed those annoying ads! :) It was actually for a friend of mine, who asked me to try this out!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Shrav

:D :D

Thanks for removing those ads. :P
If they would have stayed any longer, I'd have paid you for taking them OFF! :P

nil said...

OK now, I had to scroll down QUITE abit thanks to the 113 comments! =P
[Now 114 though] ;)

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Nil

Next post ~ after exams. I'm too addicted. :P

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

lolz:) that sure sounds like a nice offer!!

*winks*

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Shrav

OF course it is. Also remember that I offered to pay you after you took the ads off. I don't have actual cash with me, really!! :P

*winks back*