Sunday, November 23, 2008

When Facebook blocked me.....


My college already has a Facebook group. It is as good as dead, though. The owner is either dead (in which case, may his soul R.I.P) or kidnapped by aliens. BECAUSE NOONE CAN BE TOO BUSY TO FACEBOOK!! Especially if one can create a group which has 288 members and be silly enough not to appoint officers or administrators!!

I tried to revive the group. But you can’t do much, really when you don’t have access to the ‘message all members’ option.

So I proceeded to plan B. I made another group. But the question was- How to get people to know that another group exists? So, I started sending out individual invites to the members. I did write on the wall even, but who checks a dead group for new wallposts anyway?

I had barely invited forty people, when a “Slow down, or you are going to hit a block” message started flashing.

I stopped. Then I replied to some pending inbox messages.

I sent fifty messages yesterday. Now Facebook has temporarily blocked me from sending messages.

I visited the FAQ page.

“Unfortunately, Facebook cannot provide any specifics on the rate limits that we enforce.”

“Please note that even if all of your conversations were legitimate interactions with friends, our message service is not a chat client, and should not be treated as such.”

I can’t mail anyone right now. I was chatting on the Facebook chat yesterday and I started getting the “Slow down, or you are going to hit a block” message there too!!

So, basically, I’m ARGHed out right now.

No message, no chat. I don’t know when this stinko ban will be lifted, even. When it is, if it is, I am supposed to ‘proceed with my site activity at a slower rate so as to avoid hitting another block or having my account disabled.’

Account disabled?? WTH?? It IS a social networking site, isn’t it??

39 comments:

Vigneshwar said...

Hey I don know what is wrong with fb I can not log in .
If i go for forgot password option , It appears as my email is invalid:(

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Vigneshwar

Even you're having a bad FB time, huh?

:X

Pranav Kumar V said...

I'm lucky!! I don't understand a word of it as I always chose to stay happy, away from it!!

seriously_frivolous said...

ha ha...sorry to be laughing at your adversity. But found this really funny...

Thanks for tagging me..Am sorry..my laptop crashed and hence was outta action for a while. Also, I am probably too old to writing any thing to evince interest in this tag thing...
so wats happenings with u

divinediu said...

@ Pranav

:O

You aren't on facebook?? :O




@ Seriously Frivolous

Well, you don't have to feel sorry for finding it funny. I guess it will evoke different emotions in different people, my addiction.

You're not taking the tag? Okay. Btw, don't give an excuse. No one is too old to take a tag. :/

What's happening with me? Exams just got over. Phew! :P

Ssup with you?

Anonymous said...

"Not a chat service"?

Well, what on earth is it then? A refrigerator?

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Emma

OMG. You're back!You're back!You're back!You're back!You're back!You're back!You're back!!!!!!!!

I didn't know that FB could churn out weird stuff like this! :P

Anonymous said...

Just sit back and see if it clears itself up in a few days.. If it doesn't just submit this post to digg.com with the most catchy title u can think of..

I'll take care of the rest..

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Karthik

I hope it does. It probably will.

Okay.

Will do. =)

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

This is a chance for you to give up this facebook addiction! use it!

no addiction is good you know

Firebolt said...

Ahhh... Poor you.

Pity I don't even know what Facebook looks like.

WarmSunshine said...

Oh I never knew Facebook could be so crummy. Eeehhhh if I ever faced one, I'd be as irritated as you are!

Yups... you're right... it is a networking site!!!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Twisted Elegance

NO friggin' way, dude!!

Na-uh.

I prefer the addiction and disappointment. :)

Respect your opinion, but NO.


@ Firebolt

Why?
Why don't you know what facebook looks like???
Please don't tell me you are a crazy Orkut person. :P

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Warm Sunshine

I suddenly like your name a lot! :D

Yeah, Just wanted to let you guys now about the let down. Spread the sorrow a bit. ;)

kiran sawhney said...

didnt know about this feature of facebook.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Kiran

Well, now you do. :P

Disguise said...

Facebook IS annoying.
That is ze fact.
Buutttttt...
We can't live without it.
I love it, I know you do too :)

Cяystal said...

Bwahahaha!
I had some 'experiences' with FB..when one whole day I couldn't open my account. But then I didn't care..Fuck the addiction,baby =D


Awesome cartoon though..PAINT?

Richa said...

awwww..
ths real bad..
i knoe facebook is sick these days.. i could not open my account for a whole week !!!

but with me its is fine :D
i use orkut more =)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Dishi

Yes, yes, yes.
I cannot live without it. :)
Like I cannot live without you. :)
<3


@ Crystal

Ah, Nice pic, gurl!! :D
Cartoon courtesy: Google.
Thanky.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Richa

One week?? :O :O :O

But Orkut has so little privacy...

Disguise said...

Guess who can't live without you...

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Dishi

Who...? ;)

Disguise said...

Oh, oh.
Pretty, innocent, Diu.

Me, of course.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Jimmy

Thankyou Ji

@ Dishi

I loves ya.

Anonymous said...

social networking sites.. mmm. they singe us in.. true

Anonymous said...

:D you actually maxed out a website. wow! thats an achievement ;)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Chriz

I know, but i still love FB. :D




@ CANDY!!! (wheeeeeeeeeee)

*runs to stereo, plays Rihanna's 'Take A Bow',takes a bow*

Thanky.

I was pretty mad then, but now I'm all spirited.

No, that doesn't mean I'm drunk.

*gives knowing look to candy*

:P

PS: I thought you had forgotten that my blog existed. And the whole searching for it and reading all my posts was a one time thing. I'm still touched, btw.

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

didn't i just comment on ur status now??? FB allowed ya back in??

Missed ya! Exams just got over!! :)

nil said...

Haaawww! No fair! Fb acting so weird yaar. :l
Dont worry, it'll be okay in a bit.
I miss you :(

<3.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Shrav

Ze ban has been lifted!
Hurray!! :D

How were exams?




@ Nil

FB ish fine again. :)
Miss you too.
<3

Jadis said...

shucks. im more of a gtalk person than a facebook person so im sure i don't understand what you're going through. but my sincerest sympathies anyway.
and take heart. it'll be back.
:)

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

Yay!! Hurray! I'm happy your ban has been lifted!! :)

Exams were good! Only the first and the last one were a bit tough!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Jadis

Well, facebook is more like orkut and gtalk is more like Y! messenger. But I am addicted. And the ban has been lifted. :D
Thanks!!



@ Shrav

I know!! I'm so happy as well!!!! :D

Glad your exams went good. :)

Anonymous said...

:D tot yu knew i was taking a break re.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Candy!

Ah you 'remembered to check' when you came online, mr busy guy!! :D

I did know you were taking a break.
But break or not, you HAVE to visit my blog. :)

You went through the trouble of looking for it.

This is the punishment. :P

Cяystal said...

My display picture?
Thankooooooooooo! =D


Wassup?
PS-come check my bloggy..new posssht!

Anonymous said...

FB makes me go 'argh'
Stupid website.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Crystal
You're welcome.

I checked!! :D


@ Ki

:D
But I still love it, I'm sure you do too.