Saturday, November 15, 2008

Kids: They dance before they learn there is anything that isn't music


I am sharing something that happened to me once.

A story of how a little girl totally made my day....

Back in school, we used to travel by the school bus.
I used to carry this little girl on my lap. She was in the third standard and me, in ninth.
She used to tell me stuff- what her teacher thought of people biting their nails, what the naughty little boy in her class did, how her mum did not like the little puppy that she fed, what she had packed in her tiffin box that day.. Basically, everything.

I used to listen. I loved being the 'elder sister'.

Every time I met her at school, I used to go over and talk.. When you are a little kid and a senior comes and talks to you, in front of your friends, it makes you feel important. I could see the little glint in her eyes.
But I did it because I was grateful to her. For telling me everything. I was glad that I could be the one, who got to listen to her cute little rants. She used to show me to her mum, from outside the bus almost every single day and wave as the bus went away.



One day, she got into the bus. I helped her out with her bag, her water bottle. She sat down and shook her tiny little butt and got comfortable on my lap. She was holding something. When I asked her if she would show me her little secret, she slowly opened her closed hands, and there was a flower in there. She extended her hands and told me that she had picked it up for me, on her way to the bus stop. It was the first flower I had gotten in my life. It was given to me with so much love and thought and care. I was touched.
I still have that pressed flower in my diary.

I thank God for little children. Their innocence and sweetness.

This post is for all the children in the world, specially, to my dear little sweety pie . For that cute little gesture which I will never forget. The one for which I will be ever grateful.

66 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st

Anonymous said...

2th

Anonymous said...

sorry.

I couldnt resist.


what did the naughty boy do? ;)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

YOU should know. :P

Disguise said...

That is such a sweet story :)
Awwww!
What's her name?
Are you still in touch?

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Dishi

:D

Her name is Aishwarya. No, we aren't in touch. But she stays in Manipal. So I do bump into her at times. And we speak.

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

Being the editor,

'She used show me to her mum, from outside the bus almost every single day and wave as the bus went away'

'she used to show me'

'She sat down and shook her tiny little but and got comfortable on my lap. She was holding something.'

was that supposed to be butt??

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

and coming to the post, that was a really sweet one & a really sweet dedication!!

Hope the small lil sweety pie does blog (after a few years maybe) and find to her surprise, that she already has a dedication from one really famous blogger!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Shrav

Edited!
Thanks, appreciate it.
Yes it was butt. :D

Thanks.
Well, I'd love for her to blog!! Haha!! :P Famous??? :P
YOU comment. Thanks!! :D

You're more famous, though. :)

Jadis said...

that is seriosuly sweet man! personally i hate kids. but this one just touched my heart.
:)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Jadis

:D
Some kids can be annoying, kids can be annoying sometimes.

But when the innocence pops up, from time to time, it is just cute.

And unique to kids and kids only.

Firebolt said...

She sounds such a cute kid!
The one I came across a few days ago was cute, but naughty. I posted the story on my blog.

I pronounce you an honorary child, hence, belated Happy Children's Day.

Cheers! ^_^

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ firebolt

Awwww.. Thankyou!! :D

I love the kid in me. :)

Happy children's day to you too!

Richa said...

this narration is so vy cute ... :)
it reminds me of my childhood days :)

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

that was good to hear! But that's not the truth :) You're just being humble there :)!!

famous you :):):)

and it doesn't matter who's more famous! as long as I know u, I can go around telling I know you and I can become famous! Lol!!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Richa

Are they over? :P
Mine aren't. And I hope they never will be.


@ Shrav

No. YOU are on so many blogs!! :)

But like you said.. WHO is famous doesn't really matter. Just keep blogging, I'll keep reading(stuff for weak hearts ;) ) and commenting..

Unknown said...

That's so sweet!

Are you still in touch?

Phoenix said...

aww :)

what a beautiful way to start my day... its really touching... kids have their special way to wriggle into our hearts and lives as if its the most natural; think to do..really its most rewarding :)

Phoenix said...

may i please link you?? bcz i really find your blog interesting

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Laya

Copy pasting what I replied to Dishi.. :P

Her name is Aishwarya. No, we aren't in touch. But she stays in Manipal. So I do bump into her at times. And we speak.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Pheonix

Is it your first time round here? Welcome!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks so much for dropping by and leaving the cute comment. YES, they do wriggle into our heats like tiny little cute worms. :)

That is such a nice image I have in my head. :P
A baby with two tiny little bug antennas. :P

Yes, You can link me!! OF course you can!! What kind of a silly question is that? Who WOULDN'T want that?

I will visit you tomorrow.

Be prepared. ;)

Cяystal said...

AWWW to Aishwarya =)

This was reallly SWEEEEEET,Divi :)



Take care

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Crystal

I know. Children are sugar sometimes. :)

You take care too, honey.

Richa said...

nah nah my childhood is nt over, but i can shake my bum to settle in sum1s lap anymore :D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Richa

You CAN or you CAN'T?? :D

Janjie said...

I love the title.

That was soooo sweeeeetttt of her... Such gesture could really complete anyone's day.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Janije

Yeah. It was purely unintentional at that!!

Plus I LOVE flowers.

Anonymous said...

Aw. :)
I had a kid like that in my life.
Maybe I'll blog about it sometime. :)

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

Thank you for dedicating this post to all the children like myself :

Really Really Thanks :)


I loved the post :)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Ki

Yes, please do.


@ twisted elegance

You're welcome. Where have you been?

LL Cool Joe said...

That's a cool story. I have 2 adopted children and they say, and do the sweetest things.

As for your title...I'm a dj and I use this lighting that throws patterns of light all over the floor and before a disco gets going these tiny little kids skip and dance around on the spots and hearts etc. They love it. Do you know, when the adults get on the floor to boogie they never even notice the lights, but those little kids do. :)

Pranav Kumar V said...

lol!! Whenever kids are around me I just sit back and say, 'go on kiddo, show me all the tricks you have' and then leave them with with something they can't do for their age!! Its funny the way they look at me after that and everytime I read their face, they are like, 'yeah right!! you sick son-of-a-gun!!! you're 5'10 and some 15 years older than I am!! jerk!!'

kiran sawhney said...

Cute. Children are like this only. They touch your heart and leave an everlasting impression with their innocence.

Vigneshwar said...

:)
say my hi to your ash when u meet her next time:)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ LL Cool Joe

And you noticed? :)

Nice.. :)

The littlest things matter to them much more than the big things. Children would much rather have you give them your undivided attention than a bar of expensive chocolate. :)



@ Pranav Kumar

Like? What? Multiplication tables? Coz I can't do those even NOW. :P

Children laugh at me!!
*blush*

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Kiran Sawhney

Yes. :)
That's the sweetest. You know that they mean what they say. :)


@ Vigneshwar

Sure thing. :)
She has some fans now, huh? :D
Me being the first, obviously! :D

Pranav Kumar V said...

Multiplication tables?? ME??!! I would try and put this off a smart way and save myself some dignity!! I am so bad at them that I can bet anything for proving myself to be the worst at them!! Darn!! Did I reveal too much already?? Am off...

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Pranav


NO!!!!!!!!!! Stay!!
We'll start some sort of group- cool people who are too cool to multiply......

I meant NUMBERS. :P

Express said...

:-)

I <3 u!

and i had a little bus sister too!
shes an absolute slut now..

how people change..

memories...

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Express

I <3 u too!

It's so cute you had a bus sister too! :D
:( About the slut thing... But the good thing is...they CHANGE into that way.......they aren't born mean.....Is that a good thing? Idk.

Anonymous said...

wow.. that should have been a great memory indeed

SwB said...

don't think i've ever seen a denim template before!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Chriz

Yeah, it warms the cockles of my heart.. :)


@ saltwater blues

NOW, you have!! :D

Anonymous said...

I love deluded. NO more am I coming to your stinko blog!! >:P

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ anonymous person

Hmm........Aaite!

Richa said...

i got sumthn for u buddy :)

check out the blog or click

http://anglic-butterfly.blogspot.com/2008/11/overwhelmed.html

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Richa

Awww.. Checked. Added.

THANKYOU.

WarmSunshine said...

Hey.. this post was really really sweet and touching and cute and lovely and and and....

you get the point na :)

I loved the photo you have on this post... It must be so heartening to have that flower from the little girl.. :) Lucky you!! Give her a kiss from me too :)

Oh yeah... i'm blogrolling you :)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Warm Sunshine

Yes, I may be slow on the uptake, but THAT, I did get! :D

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

:D

kochuthresiamma p .j said...

lovely piece. saw the whole thing in my mind's eye.
i like your layout. your own creation?

Vigneshwar said...

I wanna join multiplication club
PS :I am totally eligible as I Cant even recall 3s table.:)

nil said...

THEEE BEST.

Of your posts I've *ever read.

SIMPLY the BEST.

BEST
BEST
BEST
BEST
BEST
BEST
BEST
BEST
BEST
BEST
BEST
BEST
BEST
BEST

[Notice the few *best*'s. I hope u get it ..].

God, it was a beautiful post.
I <3ed it.

I love u too, by the way =)


Take care!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ KPJ

You mind me shortening your name??

Well, thankyou. :)

No, I did a little editing, but the denim template is not my creation. :)



@ Vigneshwar

DONE!!!
After the scientific calcis (or any calcis for that matter) have fallen into my hands, my brain has died.

R.I.P., brain. R.I.P.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ NIL


Awwww..

THANKS
THANKS
THANKS
THANKS
THANKS
THANKS
THANKS
THANKS
THANKS
THANKS


I love you. I'm so glad you loved it.

I love you.

<3

kochuthresiamma p .j said...

you have my permission to shorten my name:-) but there is a condition attached. click on the link below and read the post.it's the price for reducing me to mere initials:-)http://pareltank.blogspot.com/2007/12/burden-of-my-name.html

BD said...

Cute :)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Catchy aka former KPJ

No initials for you!! :D
I read the post, commented.

How's "catchy" for a name?
Catchy, Catchy? ;)



@ Equilibrium

Thanky! :D

lucifier said...

a nice post , reminded me of my school days when even i used to take a little boy to school he was in nursery or kg and i was in 12th , we never spoke much but the way he looked and trusted me made me smile also the way his little finger held my hand as we crossed the roads, the trust he reposed ....that innonece its hard to find anywhere else

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Lucifer

Awwww...Little hand holding your finger....That is the best, innit?

nil said...

Love you too =]

Take care!
xoxo

kochuthresiamma p .j said...

those who struggle my name call me kochu
thanks for visiting my post on my name.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Nil

xoxoxo


@ kotchu

You're welcome.

What would you like me to call you? I shortened it because it is more informal. Not because I don't want to type it out again.

kochuthresiamma p .j said...

anything - it really doesnt matter. was joking.
btw, the title of this peice " kids-- - - - music"
from a song or some well known quote? forgive my ignorance.
if it is your own - WOW!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ kotchu

Quote. One of my favourite. :)
Just wanted to share it.

It is cute, innit?

Anonymous said...

the story of your little chld was really good.............actually i was in a bad mood today.......after seeing your post this made me the day..........beautifull really beautifull.........manojkumar.s. here from banglore........

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Manoj Kumar S



I was in a rotten mood till now. Your comment made my day.


Thankyou so much.

Really. I SO needed to get out of this mood.