Tuesday, December 30, 2008

And so it was

I got a friend request one day, during my holidays. I saw his profile. He had passed out of the college that I was going to join in a month. I accepted. I usually don't accept requests like that. On orkut, especially. With my big ego and ( more importantly ) disinterest, I didn't initiate convo. He did. We scrapped more than a hundred scraps in that hour and a half.

Towards the end of the convo...

Him: Here, this is my number. (Number). Note it down.


Me: No.


I know I just added you and all, but save it.


Ugh! No way.


Huh?


Nope. And BTW, I'm deleting these scraps. My friends read my scrapbook and if they find out that I'm taking phone numbers like this, I'll be teased until eternity.


You think my friends are any different? I don't EVER do this. I'm deleting too.


(He had to leave from work soon)


Chal, bye, then. I am not on Orkut much, so I doubt I'll be talking so much again.


I had fun talking to you. You're just the right amount of stupid.


Well, I hate to admit it, but I did too. I don't miss my evening walks to the lake otherwise.


I hate to leave, but I gotto.


Yeah. Drop the maska. I know you're dying to get back home. Who wants to work anyway?


Hahaha.. Don't think you can get rid of me this easy. I'll mail you tomorrow.

Yeah, we'll see about that. Go now. You should have left ages back.


I know. No regrets though.


Go.


Stop replying. I want to be the last to reply to scraps.


So do I.


Don't reply.


Bye.


Bye.


Bye.


Go.


Bye.


I will mail you tomorrow. Do not scrap back if you want me to get some sleep tonight.


(I didn't)

29 comments:

P said...

at least you proved that you are smarter than deluded...
:B

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

huh?

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

And they lived happily ever after...

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

:)

Phoenix said...

do i sense something kindling?? :) :P

Pranav Kumar V said...

is it the same here?? being the last one to comment on your posts... if so, then don't count this... :P

ONE DAY TO GO... JUST LET IT GO... See you when I see you... :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha you sound like an obssessive compulsive replier like me.

I agree with PK - JUST LET IT GO. And don't feel bad for doing so. :P

Preserve your sanity. It's not mean to ignore people. Better to be silent than get your emotions fretted or time wasted. It's quite OK.

But if we're talking about ME

Then NEVER ignore hahaha

Take care dear,

sydney

Rahul Viswanath said...

Wasssss cooking ???

Did they live happily ever after like twist mentioned ......... Part 2 plzzzzzzzzzzz ;-)

Anonymous said...

Awwww :)
No no it's not obsessive compulsive, it's sweet and it's adorable and yeah, this stage does wear off and sanoty IS restored eventually, but while it's there (briefly) it SHOULD be enjoyed.

Richa said...

happens..

Let it go as Pranav said it.. or it is gonna take over u :)

The Solitary Writer said...

wooaa

so this is real i guess....hmmm so some what similar happened to me as well.....but i was the one who initiated the convo on the monsoon season of 2006....i came thru her profile and really liked the way she maintained it the album,testi and every thing.....send her a frnds request with an indication that she wud add me....yes offcourse she did and today after 2 years we r amongst the best friend....celebrated our 2nd year of friendship on 21st September.....me so happy ....when i read this post of urs...i cud relate this to me.... that maska thing n all lolz...

Cяystal said...

I would find him irritating and would have started calling him names?

Duh. I know I'm silly. :)

Anurag said...

woah ..why don't I get girlzz like u on these social networking sites :( :(

I wd hv had a galaa time then :P

Anonymous said...

arrey no no..dont get into any cyber relationship diu..dont dont dooooont!

Dr. Pragya bajaj said...

intersting :-)
happy new year

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Pheonix

Go read part two now.



@ Pranav

Is what the same where???

I'm truly confused, mister.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@Sydney

I am. Really.

I reply thrice to the same email sometimes. :P

I won't ignore you!

Unless of course, I am invisible! Then that would ruin the whole point, wouldn't it?



@ Rahul

Posted.

Read.

:)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Ki

It was enjoyed.

Very much.


@ Richa

Read 2.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ The Solitary writer

WOW.

Nice.

Similar na? Our stories. :)




@ Crystal

He wasnt irritating. I get pissed off EASY.

With stranger guys on Orkut.

He was nice.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Anurag

You search??

I don't think so, mister!!


@ Trinaa

I won't. Never again. ;)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ PRagya

Wish you the same

P said...

remember, my mystery girl???
he didn't ask for her number...
n u didn't have to ask for his number...:B

Akansha Agrawal said...

Hmm... dis is a typical orkut conversation (no experiences though), and ahem ahem... I agree something's cooking!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Pretty feet

Um.. yes.



@ Akanskha

Palak paneer?

Give me some, willya?

Akansha Agrawal said...

Well you can have Paneer Bhurji... but hey you're the chef!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

:P

I don't remember the last time I cooked!

:P

Dr. Acula said...

Sweet! Although, I can NEVER imagine to meet someone of my taste on orkut! It's nice that you did. *thumbs up*. And, OMG! Your template rocks!!

Dr. Acula said...

Sweet! Although, I can NEVER imagine to meet someone of my taste on orkut! It's nice that you did. *thumbs up*. And, OMG! Your template rocks!!

Apparently intellectual said...

she's smarter than deluded?wat sense?i dint get that part..