Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

Don't feel like writing much.

I'll be home, studying hopefully.

Please pray for me to get some concentration. I need that.




And Trinaa, here are the photos I promised...


We are given two pieces of squarish metal. The rest is hard, manual labour.
This is the V fitting. If you reverse both ends, you get the dove-tail fitting. There are  Z, Step, Square, Half round, Half-dovetail fittings and what not!!












This is the soldering model. We have to cut out the metal sheets and solder it with a soldering iron. This is pretty easy compared to the fitting if you're careful enough.
We did a hollow box, a hollow cylinder and the one in the picture is the half of a funnel.




16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too. :)
And study hard baby. :)

Richa said...

oye u into mech engg???

my bro is into the mech, n he does things lyk tht..

Ts, n Zs n wat not..

n Meri, Teri, Sabki Christmas ;)

study hard, do well!!

love yah!!

Anonymous said...

i rememba my engg days.. hehe my friends used to saw and i used to steal it from them

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too!

Study well. I'll be praying for you and wishing you lots of luck :)

Anonymous said...

merrrrrrryy christmas! :D

Cяystal said...

What is the story with all that meetaal? :o

Merry Kriistmas!!!

VagaBond said...

We had d same shitty job bck in first yr.....thank God i chose IT engg...u in mechanical o wat?

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

Merry christmas:) Study well:):) and ya, I had these as well:)

Have a blast!

Anurag said...

@ Chriz ...Yeah we used to do exactly the same :D ...Damn mann !! F.e was fun :D

btw nice work ....i.e if u made it yourself :D

Merry x'mas

Anonymous said...

hey divine,
that brought back memories of my own workshop days!! :D

hopin u aren't part of the dreaded vtu like me...

merry christmas to u...!! am blogrollin u, hope u dont mind!!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Richa

No, I'm in IT. First years have common subjects, remember?

:D

I liked the sabki chrismas!! It was cute! :)

Will start studying after replying to comments.

Really.

Love you, twinnie.




@ Chriz

Yaay!! You're back!

Guess who's back people?? :D

I can't steal. People hold on to their models too darn tight!! :P

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Sydney

Thanks. I'm kinda counting on it.


@ Trinaa

Samez.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Crystal

Mech workshop stuff.

Thanks.




@ Born Vagabond

NO!!

IT.

Same.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Shrav

You too!




@ Anurag

Yes, I DID make it myself, thankyou very much.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Leo

:D

NO, I'm not in VTU. Thank GOD!!

Why will I mind, huh?? :P

Thanks!! :D

djd said...

awww workshop brings rather sad memories into mind.I was the only one who din finish my model in the workshop exam,actually i din even finish half of it :/ thanks to the lecturer for givin me pass marks