Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm quirky too, you know...

I read Sydney's quirk post and I thought I'd write about some of mine too..

1. I hate cold toilet seats. I hate wet toilets. (Smelly too, but that's a hygiene issue, not a quirk) I don't go into such toilets if I can avoid it.
2. After a shampoo (anytime of the day) I brush my teeth and put on flavoured chap stick. Also, I have three toothbrushes at any given point of time.

3. My cell phone is on silent, non vibrating mode ALL the time. Pretty much.

4. I can't sleep unless I wash my feet first.

5. I need a blanket even in Summer.

6. I leave out graphs/diagrams when I study. A whole pile of last minute to-do which I never end up doing.

7. I sincerely believe that my superman tee - electric blue jockey combination gives me strength.

8. I buy a rose whenever I can. I love them. Just because I don't have someone to give them to me doesn't mean I don't deserve them.

9. I have weird number theories. If A doesn't happen within B time, then C is true.
Example- If I do not get a reply to my message within 15 seconds, my day will suck.
If the traffic light doesn't change to green by the time I count to ten, I'll die a sad death.

Also, 9 is my lucky number, exactly the number of letters my pen name has.

52 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Me too.

2. I have two toothbrushes! :D

3. Really? How do you know when it's ringing? Mine's switched off when I'm supposed to be, ahem, 'studying'.

4. Me either.

5. Summer??? In Delhi it is SO hot that I sleep on the floor in tiny nightclothes! :P

6. I do that toooooooooo!!! :)

So I'm going to stop replying to all of these now, sice they're clearly not addressed to me. :P
The above just applied to me more or less. Weird but true :)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

2. Two plus one unopened.

4. I don't. :P I miss so many calls. Reply to messages late. But its in front of my eyes pretty much all the time, so... its okay. I never EVER switch off. Flight mode, maybe.

5. Yeah. It is pretty hot here too. But it is a quirk. :(
I like to snuggle and pull the blanket upto my neck like I'm in a sack or something. Its just more comfortable that way. :P
I have to change that. I'm trying. Coz its just too hot!! :(


And... NOT weird. We have lots in common.

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

yeah ok!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

yeah right!

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

yeah left!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Noooooooooo.

*holds hanky to nose, vanishes*

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

*chases you*

:D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

You chase when people run away, you DORK.

I vanished.

*poof*

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

there are so many people watching us here so I guess lets have this conversation in private! :D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

HAH!!!

I KNEW that you couldn't come up with a good enough comeback.

HAH!!

Anyway, back to yahoo, I guess.

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

oh yeah!

I guess am too shy to talk with lollypop lovers! :D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Ugh.

That's all I gotto say.

Tnd you'll probably delete your comment after i post this reply anyway. Sooo I'm not gonna bother.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

*And

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

Truth is what I speak....

:D

And what so 'ugh' about lollypop? :D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

You do NOT 'spoil every post of mine'.

And lollypops are great. If we are talking about lollypops meaning lollyops ONLY.

Anurag said...

woah ....U should have titled this one as "Girlzz"....I don't think any of "us" do the above ....

Waise it's a nice Hygenic thingy/habit ...keep it going :)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

:D :D

Well, I'm sure guys don't apply chapstick,

Oh shit. Metrosexuality. :P

But brushing just because it is nice and minty. :)

Flavored chapstick over it is just ideal.

Divesh said...

your posts are good...but the template is really nice, the blog looks fresh and cool

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Thankyou..........but the code isn't MINE. I copy pasted. Whoever wrote it, did a helluva great job!!

Pranav Kumar V said...

SEE!!! This is what I talked about on my Day 18!! OCO!! Its good to stick to a certain things only when delivered in a certain way!!

1. I can go for more than a day without rapid-weight-loss if there's no hygiene!!

2. The scope of this one is beyond my clutches of knol.

3. I still don't find the need to have a cell-phone yet!! And I'm still a Happy Man!!! :D

4. My feet are sparkling clean at any time in the day. I never walk without my slippers.

5. I would definitely need one to cover my feet

6. I leave out 1-2 CHAPTERS when I study, diagrams are a loong way to go!! A whole pile of last minute to-do which I never end up doing.

7. I believe my abs give me infi power!!

8. I grow roses in my garden and insist that someone pluck them but the beautiful things just keep to themselves most of the times!!

9. Maybe we should discuss the theories... though mine have nothing or the least to do with numbers.

See you when I see you... :)

P.S. how come my feed still shows me your prev. post??

Joel CJ Senico Aba said...

Hey you ka din! ehehe... I'm quirky too, you know. ehe

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Pranav
Will read your 'day 18'.

1. How many days @ can you go for?? :D

2. Yes, indeed. :P

3. Which is GREAT!! *bows to the holy one*
I tried quiting once, but half heartedly. Once you get one, its tough to let go. But great, really.

4. Don't you like textures? I like walking barefoot on grass. :)

5. YES. Exactly.

6. Hahaha.... :D But there are these people who refer OTHER books.......... :P

7. Try wearing a superman tee sometime. :D

8. I don't grow roses. Am too lazy to keep a steady hobby. :P

9. What theories? What theories?? :D


And that's a blogger fault. The links don't get updated immediately on other blogs. It takes a while. I've noticed it too.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Royalty

:)

Good.

Anonymous said...

#9 was ROFL+LMAO!! :)))

Anonymous said...

3. My cell phone is on silent, non vibrating mode only wen the battery is low..

6. I do last minute study but i don't leave out diagrams..

nothing common in us.. totally different tastes but somehow v get along well..

Preeti said...

hey ,

I hate wet toilets and will call my friends back to wipe it dry , if they leave it that way ..:-)

saturday breakfast without brushing my teeth is a must, otherwise it doesn't feel like saturday ..:-)

my cell phone always has one or the other sharabi punjabi song ... not too loud though ... in meetings / cinema / hospitals / dinner /parties , its in silent mode ..

I love roses , often buy for myslef ..my friends too gift me a rose every now .

and I sleep in a blanket all through the year ...

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

you guys must come to Chennai and sleep under a blanket. We call it suicide here!

Express said...

Hey! aawweessoommee...
got loads 2 talk ab t in this one, hmm..

1. cold ones r fun no? :P wet? no-no.
2. I brush my teeth after getting up 4m sleep, even if its a 1/2 hour nap :P and Ive 2 tooth brushes, 1 for home, 1 for travel-kit. But thats coz Im a bit too organised :D
3. Cell phone used to be on silent all time, but after hearing so many gaalies 4m random ppl, silent only in collg :)
4. I cant sleep unless I talk. mostly on phone. and if that doesnt work, to myself. :P
5. I need a blanket. But comfy clothes is 1st priority. and, I neean the fan ON, even if ac is on full blast or its 4 degrees outside :D
6. I do the exact ulta! try it. do graphs/diagrams 1st, ull understand the theory better. and even if u lose out on the theory, diagram se u can write crap :P and u get marks more on diagram than theory :)
Yea, my theory always remains :P
7. Superman tee is SUPPOSED 2 make u feel strong! Its superman after all!!!
8. Roses, hmm..I used 2 do that in skool :) But then, nw I like orchids more and am usually broke, so cant afford enough orchids :(
9. Theory! yes yes..oh shit! how relevant! If my HOD wears red today, Ill be the most luckiest.. If he calls b4 11:30, tomorrow Ill not fail in my exam [despite not studying :P] and I used 2 think making theories is weird! yayy!!
10. Im govered by number nine, birthdate 18th :) but, lucky number toh 2 hai boss... ;) :) :)

Anonymous said...

LOVED your quirks post :)

So funny and cute. Number 9 made me really laugh out loud.

No, the traffic light is not going to decide if you'll die a sad death :P

haha keep blogging and keep being your lovely quirky self!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Trinaa

Nice name.

Yeah, I'm a joke. :P



@ Sushi

I did not faint this time.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ onthewingsofadream

I didn't just mean toilet seats. I like walking into a DRY one. Even if I've got slippers on.

:D
I've heard that brushing at nights is more important than in the mornings. From the POV of tooth decay and stuff. So, enjoy your Saturday breakfasts!! :D

I get SO bugged when cellphones ring in the theatre. Ugh. My dad forgets to put it on silent too. Argh.

You're a rose and blanket person too?
Nice!! :D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Twisted

You are always on Yahoo. ALWAYS.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Express

Yaay!! I love listening to you!! :D

1. NO. Cold ones are not fun. Especially in someone else's home or something.Eww.

2. I am the least bit organized. I lost two of my three toothbrushes. I don't know where they disappear like that. :(
I had to use my electric toothbrush, which, now, is dead. :(

3. I don't get gaalis. The moment they start grumbling, I remind them that they gave a missed call and this is technically MY call. They shut up. :P

4. The last thing you do before you go to sleep is talk?? :D

5. Comfy underwear comes first. What's inside shows on the outside. ;)

6. Yeah. That makes more sense. I should probably try switching. Like I said..quirk.

7. I think wonderwoman or catwoman or batman won't make me feel strong enough. :P

8. Orchids?? My my!! :D I'm a cheap date. ;)

9. Yaay!! You make theories too. I'm so glad. I have a partner in this mad crazy act.

9.9 Nine is cute. :P

Thanks for the *yum* comment, hun.

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Sydney

THANKS.

That is coz Nine is THE best.

Jagjit said...

Made my day!!! LMAO - I too have weird number theories and ur ninth point is exactly one of them :)

9. I have weird number theories. If A doesn't happen within B time, then C is true.
Example- If I do not get a reply to my message within 15 seconds, my day will suck.
If the traffic light doesn't change to green by the time I count to ten, I'll die a sad death.

Number nine is a fav. I was born on the 9th of a month.

Lovely post. Cheers!!
(blogrolling ya)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Jagjit

YES. Don't tell me January??

Jagjit said...

No. It's April. The month of fools. :)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

I'm January. The month of angels.

*bats eyelashes*

Jagjit said...

haha.. :)

WarmSunshine said...

Awwww shhooooo cute :P

Such a cutie pie :)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Jagjit

:D :D :D

Again, WHY don't you reply to blog comments?

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Warm Sunshine


<3

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

you prove your stupidity everytime! And you know for a fact that you stay online more than what I do. You are so addicted to internet! SO ADDICTED!!!

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

You are so addicted that you take your laptop even to the loo. I guess now you know why people run away from you everytime you show them your laptop! :D

P.S. You can't deny having a laptop :D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Twisted

:O :O

You've installed webcams in my loo??
HOW CHEAP!!!

They don't run away because of that. They run away because you are on Yahoo. ALWAYS.

PS: Why in Pete's sake will I deny owning a laptop?

Anonymous said...

nope..u aren't a joke but post was definitely hilarious :))))

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

No! I just saw the video you uploaded urself on youtube :D

A lie told 100 times cannot become a truth!

YOU are the Yahoo addict. Infact you are so addicted to yahoo that to you it seems everyone is always online. Such a poor illness!

Go see a doc. Ill pay the bill if you wish :D

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Trinaa

:D

Thanks.



@ Twisted Elegance

How are ya willing to shell out??

Jadis said...

LMAO! Weird as they might be, your quirks make you YOU.
:)

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

@ Jadis

Oh yes, they do! :D

Express said...

I have loads 2 talk AGAIN :-D

1. Cold ones are lott better than wet ones, that’s what I meant :P
2. How do you ‘lose’ toothbrush? And electric toothbrush? My my.. did it give a shock 2 anyone before it died?
3. I don’t usually call back. :D and now toh I don’t entertain people who annoy re, life is so much more calm. :P
4. Yea, talking is fun. I miss my favorite company though. Anyway, best friend’s always just 1 call away 4 doing bakwas and he has a nocturnal mode of life and Im too busy during the day, so….
5. why d u wanna show people when u r sleeping? And man, underwear! I could sleep in them *under a blanket* :D
6. :-) u shud read my quirky tag! Then ull know how mad I am :P here http://randomtalkfest.blogspot.com/2008/07/quirky-tag.html
7. no other superhero beats superman! And was I just admiring an underwear, now u knw :P
8. Yea, but usually people don’t know that Im a fan of orchids :D They know that I don’t eat chocolate, so actually I get no gifts…but how many dates have I gone for :P
9. Theories is fun re…but I don’t call them theories, it is spontaneous help in decision making :P I made one just now, “when mail loads and I have more than 4 in the inbox, he is missing me” there was 5. so he is just missing me little little :P
10. seriously nine n six both r soo cute I tell u! :P

and v r certified mental women..
But then who cares?
>:D<

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

Yaay again!!

1. Okay. Definitely. I'd nver sit on a wet seat. :P

2. I don't keep my toiletreis with the rest. I did find them both in my cupboard at night, though.

Yeah, the stupid toothbrush just stopped working. :(

I'd like to believe that I'm the oonly one who used that brush, I havent gotten an electric shock yet.

3. Hm.. Good idea. Why call back and get pain? :P

4. Lucky you. :)

5. I just meant that if you have comfy underwear on, you get like *this much* more confidence/focus. :P
Even I could. Under a blanket. :D

6. I did read it. We are like SO opposite in many many things! :P

7. I like the Spiderman movies better.

8. Hahahahahaha... I'll gift you an orchid and no chocolates. (Cos the cost of the orchid will probably eat up the allowance)

9. :D Only a little?? Cute. :)

10. Yes, indeed.

>>>>>:D<<<<<